City in California
One of the most ethnically diverse cities in the United States, Oakland is a center of the African American community in California. The city has a reputation for being progressive, is home to many LGBTQ families, and has the nation’s largest proportion of female couples.
What food in Oakland California known for?
Rib-sticking soul food: The original Oakland cuisine?
• Oyster po’boy smoked mashed yams and black-eyed pea salad at Brown Sugar Kitchen.
• Fried chicken, grits and eggs at Lois the Pie Queen.
• Smothered chicken, succotash and greens at Holiday Fish Market.
• Sticky bun with pecans at Brown Sugar Kitchen. …
• Greens, grits, and black-eyed peas at Home of Chicken and Waffles.