City in California
Named after John D. Daly, one of the City’s original settlers and owner of the San Mateo Dairy, Daly City was nicknamed “the Gateway to the Peninsula.” Originally settled by Irish immigrants, the City eventually became known for its numerous pig and dairy farms, as well as drinking saloons and gambling establishments.
15 Best Things to Do in Daly City (California):
• The Cow Palace: Wikipedia.
• Serramonte Mall: examiner.
• Thornton Beach State Park: Flickr.
• Off The Grid: yelp.
• Mussel Rock Park: Flickr.
• Daly City Farmer’s Market: cafarmersmkts.
• Classic Bowling Center: youtube.
• Mar Vista Stables: marvistastable.