Many people kick around the idea of putting up a “For Sale by Owner” sign in the front yard when they’re trying to sell their homes.
Fortunately for them, they realize why it’s so important to use a Realtor® when selling before it’s too late.
Real estate can be a legal landmine for unsuspecting sellers. However, that’s not even the biggest reason to work with a Realtor when you’re selling your home.
5 Reasons to Use a Realtor when Selling
Selling with an expert on your side makes sense for most people, because:
- A Realtor will screen people who come to your home—and that’s a luxury you don’t have when you sell it yourself. It’s good for safety reasons and for qualification reasons. Your Realtor will be able to find out whether people have been prequalified or preapproved before considering them prospective buyers.
- A Realtor will show your home when you’re not available, which gives you the freedom to go about your daily routines. Most buyers want to look at the home without you there anyway (it’s a little uncomfortable to look around when the owner is there, and they may feel pressure to rush or hold back from exploring).
- Realtors have in-depth marketing expertise that you can leverage to your advantage. They know other Realtors who have buyers, as well, and they have the power of a brokerage to push your home out to all the right people.
- A Realtor will help you negotiate a contract by putting your best interests first. You deserve a fair price, a settlement date that you can work with, and other services that a Realtor can provide.
- Realtors can help you price your home properly. Studies continually show that pricing your home right the first time is the fastest route to a sale. Over-priced homes generally sell at below-value prices because the seller has to keep reducing the price once the listing goes stale.
Ready to Talk about Selling Your Home?
The Basics of Marketing Your Home
Set Your List Price